Register Now for Elanco A2K
Thursday 11th March 10am-12pm
|◼||CPD accredited content|
|◼||Industry expert presentations|
|◼||Resource hub of educational material|
Join us for our first A2K event of 2021 on 11th March hosted by Countryfile presenter, author and farmer – Adam Henson. This event will be one of four virtual events we will be running in 2021, and its theme will be based around Spring and the challenges and opportunities the farming community face at this time of year.
We have planned an interactive morning of learning and resource, with industry experts delivering presentations on a number of topics to support you in your role as a RAMA, with all content being AMTRA CPD accredited. There will also be a live Q&A where you can put your questions to the panel.
Register now and we’ll send you a confirmation email including joining instructions for this event.
We look forward to you joining us on 11th March.
"Treating your cat for ticks and fleas doesn't have to be stressful, disruptive or messy. Based on the answers you provided, you and [cats name] may prefer a more stressfree option.
Did you know, in a survey of 232 cat owners currently using topical spot-on or collar treatments against fleas, 92% said they would prefer, or like to try, a small monthly tablet?1
Would your cat prefer a tablet? Ask your vet about all the options."
"Based on the answers you provided, it sounds like you and [cats name] are happy with your current tick and flea treatment.
There are newer cat friendly options that many vets are recommending.
Something to consider talking to your vet about in the future, as they can provide expert advice and a tick and flea plan personalised to you and your pet."
The only way you can prevent ticks and fleas living on your cat and in your home is regular treatment, which doesn't have to be stressful, disruptive or messy. Discussing your preferred way of treating will help your vet determine what would work best for you and your cat.
Control of ticks and fleas is part of maintaining healthy pets. If your cat has external parasites it may interfere with the human – animal bond and can transmit pathogens1
Ticks are endemic throughout almost all of Europe and there are more than 12 different species, with ticks on cats and dogs belonging to the family of hard ticks. Ticks are temporary blood feeding parasites and should be removed as soon as possible after the ticks are seen. Ideally, purposelydesigned tick removal tools should be used and careful disposal of removed ticks is required, so that there is no opportunity for them to move to another host. Infections affecting both pets and owners can be transmitted in saliva as the ticks feed. Regular treatment should be given to all pets in the household throughout the year, to achieve constant protection from ticks.
Fleas are wingless, blood sucking insects that occur on mammals and birds. Only the adult stages can be found on your pet, with eggs and immature stages being found in the environment. Fleas are common parasites of cats, dogs and other small mammals kept in households as companion animals. Fleas can act as vectors for a number of pathogens, so it is important to manage infestations. Most fleas survive for about one to three weeks, as they are groomed out by the host. Owners should treat not only an infested animal but all other pets living in the same household. Other measures such as vacuuming carpets and washing the pet's bedding material can help in reducing flea stages in the environment.
1. The promoter is Elanco UK AH Ltd., Lilly House, Priestley Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 9NL, United Kingdom ("Elanco").
2. The title of competition is Stress-free pet competition (the "Competition").
Personal Data Protection
3. Information you provide to Elanco for the Competition contains data which enables you to be identified, such as your name, address, email address ("Personal Data"). The use of Personal Data is governed by the Data Protection legislation and our use of your Personal Data is governed by this legislation.
4. Elanco will only process your personal data for the purpose of the Competition. We will also only pass your Personal Data to appointed agents of Elanco who handle or process data (including outside the EEA) on our behalf relating to the purpose. Elanco will not sell or disclose your Personal Data to any other third parties for any purpose. For more information please visit www.elanco.co.uk/ privacy or contact us at [email protected].
5. Information you provide to Elanco for the Competition contains data which enables you to be identified, such as your name, address, email address ("Personal Data"). The use of Personal Data is governed by the Data Protection legislation and our use of your Personal Data is governed by this legislation.